Several universities worldwide have found strong evidence for the healing and health-promoting properties of the soursop tree, the most potent of which are found in its leaves
But how can you take full advantage of these features? We delved into the best ways to prepare soursop tea by looking at the most promising recipes and methods.
In the process, we listened to the stories and recommendations of South American residents and tested various methods ourselves.
The result of our efforts is shown below in two methods that came out best in the test.
Table of contents:
Important considerations before drinking soursop tea
It is important to note that soursop tea is not suitable for certain groups of people. Thus, it is not recommended for:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- People with liver or kidney problems
- People with low blood pressure
In fact, drinking soursop tea may affect these specific health conditions.
If you drink soursop tea for the purpose of curing an illness, it is a very wise idea to consult with a doctor about it first.
Although soursop tea has many health benefits, it is important to be sure that its use is safe and responsible for your particular health condition.
In addition, it is recommended that you choose wild or organic soursop leaves. This assures you of the highest quality soursop tea. This is because non-organic or farmed leaves have often been treated with pesticides, which can be found in your tea.
Therefore, make sure the leaves you use are organic or wild to avoid unpleasant side effects and achieve the optimal health effects.
Graviola Shop’s soursop leaves are 100% pesticide free, considering they come directly from the wild nature of Suriname.
Recipe for soursop tea to promote healing
- 10-12 dried soursop leaves
- 1 liter of water
- Possibly honey and a cinnamon stick for extra flavor
- Wash the soursop leaves thoroughly with clean water to clean them of dust and other contaminants.
- Place 1 liter of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add 10-12 soursop leaves to the boiling water and optionally a cinnamon stick.
- Let the mixture simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, pour the tea through a strainer into a pot and let it cool until ready to drink. Optionally, you can add honey for extra flavor.
- 1 liter of water should result in about 3 cups of 250ml of soursop tea.
- Leave the cooked leaves in the pot to increase the tea strength. This will fully utilize the healing properties of the leaves.
The 30-day soursop tea protocol
If you want to experience the maximum effects of soursop tea, follow these steps for best results:
- Drink a cup of soursop tea three times a day, ideally 30 minutes before each meal. This helps in the optimal absorption of the tea.
- Drink the soursop tea every day for 30 consecutive days.
- We do not recommend preparing the tea more than a day in advance, as the potency decreases after 7-8 hours.
- If your symptoms disappear before the 30 days are up, it is important to complete the entire course of treatment.
- After the 30 days, have yourself checked by a doctor to see if improvement can be seen.
- If the results prove favorable, continue drinking soursop tea, perhaps to a slightly less strict regimen (for example, 1-2 cups per day).
- Notice no difference after 30 days? Then it may not have sufficient effect. Consider quitting.
Recipe for soursop tea to promote health:
For most of us, whether we are sick or not, it is recommended that we drink soursop tea regularly.
This tea is known for its strengthening effects on the immune system, protection against bacterial infections, wound healing, fungus, high blood pressure, diabetes and even cancer.
For maximum health benefits, we recommend following a recipe with instead of three cups a day, one cup a day, 2 to 5 days a week.
- 4 to 6 wild or organic soursop leaves
- 500ml of water
- Optional: honey and a cinnamon stick for extra flavor
- Rinse the leaves thoroughly with clean water to remove dust and other impurities.
- Bring a saucepan with 500ml of water to a boil.
- Add 4 large or 6 medium soursop leaves to the water.
- Optionally add half a cinnamon stick.
- Let it simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, pour the tea through a strainer, into a mug. Let cool until ready to drink.
- Optionally add (raw) honey for an enriched flavor.
It is recommended to drink the tea on an empty stomach, about 30 minutes before a meal, to optimize absorption into the blood.
In addition, it is wise not to prepare more tea than is needed for one day. The potency of soursop tea diminishes after about 7 to 8 hours.
Don’t drink too much soursop tea!
Take care when drinking soursop tea. Overdose is rare, but can result in nausea and vomiting. If this happens, reduce the dosage to a comfortable level. For example, by halving the dosage.
We hope this information on how to prepare the perfect soursop tea helps you enough. If you need soursop leaves to prepare the above recipes, click here.
Do you have any further questions or comments? Or do you know of a powerful soursop recipe of your own? Let us know in the comments below!
Frequently asked questions:
Why soursop tea?
Soursop tea improves health in countless ways. Among other things, it helps to cleanse the blood and eliminate toxins. It can help protect against cancer, diabetes, bacterial infections, and more.
How much soursop tea can you drink per day?
It is recommended to drink soursop tea no more than 3 times a day.